Re: [Xen-devel] Xen cannot boot with pvops dom0

On 06/25/09 02:37, Patrick Colp wrote:
> I don't think this is an issue with out the kernel was compiled. In
> fact, all of the ways mentioned will build the pvops kernel properly.
> I have run into a similar problem with the kernel trying to
> add/remove/modify ioapic stuff as well (and have tried to compile the
> kernel in every possible way, but still get the same problem).
>
> I have a feeling it is an issue with the pvops kernel ioapic code and
> have spent some time trying to track it down, but haven't found
> anything yet.

Those messages are just noise, and are harmless.  They're the kernel's
core drivers trying to take over various pieces of important hardware
that Xen already owns.  So far it has just been easier to let the kernel
try and fail to take over the interrupts than to try to suppress the
messages.