RE: [Xen-devel] nographic=1 but still have a vga adapter

> I'm not sure whether a way to enable this has made it into the xen
config file
> parsing, but the option to qemu-dm to remove the virtual vga card
completely
> is "-vga none"

That option doesn't seem to exist in the qemu that ships with 3.3 so I
upgraded to 3.4 (was going to soon anyway) and appended "-vga none" via
a wrapper script for 'qemu-dm'. Unfortunately it just gives a bus error
in qemu-dm so obviously there is some internal reliance on having a vga
adapter present.

The problem I'm trying to solve here is to get Windows to enter standby.
It won't because the Cirrus Logic 5446 adapter doesn't support it, and
neither does the 'stdvga' driver. I tried corrupting the PCI ID's for
the CL-5446 but Windows just falls back to the 'vga save' adapter, which
also doesn't support standby.

Frustrating.

Does anyone know if it is the CL5446 driver that doesn't support
standby, or if it is qemu's implementation of the CL5446 that doesn't
support standby?

Thanks

James