RE: [Xen-devel] tg3 network stall in xen-3.4.x but not in xen-3.3.x

> >> Power management is another difference between 3.3 and 3.4. You can
> disable
> >> 3.4 power management by adding Xen boot parameters: cpuidle=0
> cpufreq=none
>
> > I will disable and run the test tomorrow to see whether network stall
> > issue is there or not.
>
> Using cpuidle=0 cpufreq=none seems to solve the network stall problem.

Hmm, that's rather disturbing. Its presumably the cpuidle parameter which is
having the effect. Quite why deeper sleep states can result in one particular
device interrupt getting stuck (as opposed to all of them) is a mystery. It
might be interesting to see the boot messages, and also to find out which of
the C states is causing the problem (presumably C2 or C3).

In your tests, rather than rebooting the machine you may possibly be able to
recover the machine by unloading and reloading the NIC module. (you may need to
remove it from the bridge and ifconfig it down first).

Ian