[Xen-devel] Re: Detail request for 4.0 Roadmap

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Liu Liming <liuliming2008@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 18:03:01 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 03:03:30 -0700

There are saw some great feature requests on the wiki, and I want say some details.

1 About QOS
Monitor, Limit, Control network traffic coming at DomUs: set two quotas, the guaranteed minimal bandwith and the allowable maximam bandwith.The guaranteed minimal bandwith means that if the domu needed a bandwith <= this, it will be fulfiled whenever. The allowable maximam bandwith means if a domu need a bandwith <= this, it will be fulfiled when all other domus' guaranteed minimal bandwith  is fulfiled.

Limit I/O for individual disks of VM (similar to credit scheduler weight) :set two I/O quotas, the guaranteed minimal bandwith and the allowable maximam bandwith. The meaning is the same to bandwidth.

2 Live migration
Now the popular live migration sulution always need shared storage. Is there a tool or project to migrate a live domu between servers with local storage? This needs pre-copy memory and storage, and other controls.

Thanks

Liming Liu