Re: [Xen-devel] stubdomain questions

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009, Giorgenes Gelatti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just ran an hvm with a stubdomain and I have a few questions. Would
> someone answer it or point me where I could find
> the answers?
>
> - what is the fs-backend used for?

At the moment it is only needed for save\restore, to read or write the
qemu statefile from dom0.

> - I saw that qemu-dm is still running. Isn't it the point of a stubdomain to
> have qemu running inside the stubdomain
> instead of dom0?

when using stubdomains, qemu in dom0 doesn't do device emulation but
provides few backends to the stubdom: the console backend and the pvfb
backend. The last one is needed to render the guest framebuffer using
sdl or for exporting it through vnc.