Re: [Xen-devel] [pvops-dom0] [patch] Hook Linux's PCI probe and remove callbacks

On 07/17/09 16:42, Kay, Allen M wrote:
> These hooks for two purposes:
>
> 1) Enabling of a SR-IOV virtual function.  The hypercall will tell xen to
> setup VT-d context entries for the BDF corresponding to the new virtual
> function.  This is required for SR-IOV to work.
>
> 2) PCI hot-plug support when devices are hot added/removed.  Vt-d context
> entries and data structures in Xen needs to be modified accordingly.
>
> These hooks needs to be enabled before either of these functions are
> performed - I assume after dom0 boots.
>
> Can you suggest a better way to do this?

The best person to ask is probably Jesse Barnes (cc:d).

In general the way to approach these things is to either find something
in the kernel which does something analogous and use the same
interfaces, possibly extending them a bit if necessary.