Re: [Xen-devel] Xen XCI Compiled and Installed - Now what?

iicolsandersii wrote:
I am currently sitting at a "Welcome to Xen Client" login screen.

I login as root, pressed enter for the password.

Now, I am at at command line.  I did an ls, and all I have is grub and
install.

Does anyone have any information of what do to do next?

at this stage you need to install/start VMs.
to do so, xenclient use xenvm.

I suggest having a look at the xenvm.README in the toolstack/xenvm directory to see how to use it. there's example configs at the end of the README, and all options you need is documented. Also it look quite similar sometimes to a xend config file.

Is there a hardware support list for XCI anywhere?  Are Nvidia or ATI cards
supported at this time?

We don't have a comprehensive hardware list for now, but for now a good rule of thumb is having a intel graphics card. a good thing to have is VT-d too.

For other graphics cards, IIRC, we are waiting them to release more friendly driver. also ATI got probably a tiny leap over Nvidia since we have access to more documentation.

My other test box has an Nvidia card, and it gets stuck at the Grub boot,
with a flashing cursor.

it's probably not related to the nvidia card, but i have no idea what it is. Listing the hardware you're using and the grub configuration you have would probably help us to fix it.

--
Vincent