Re: [Xen-devel] change cd iso image in hvm but loop not changed?

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009, Andrew Lyon wrote:

> I still dont understand why it is necessary to loopback mount the iso
> image if I can change it without the new image being loopback mounted,
> what is the loop device used for?

When the vbd backend is configured by xend the iso is loopback mounted.
If you use stubdoms you are going to use the vbd backend to read from
cdrom instead of opening the iso directly.
Therefore in the stubdom case writing to params is not enough to change
the cdrom, what you would have to do is using block-detach and
block-attach to remove the old backend and create a new one for the new
cdrom.