Re: [Xen-devel] Cpu pools discussion

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Juergen
Gross<juergen.gross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think your first point is the most important one.
> It might be possible to build a load balancing scheme to shift cpus between
> pools dynamically, but this should be step 2, I think :-)
> But it would be a nice project :-)

If I recall your use case, Juergen, I thought the whole point was to
keep some set of VMs limited to just a subset of CPUs?  So the first
point is a feature for you, not a bug. :-)

If we ever do find someone who wants cpu pools, perhaps to use
different schedulers, but wants to be able to dynamically adjust pool
size, then they can work on such a project.  Until then, no point
spending time on something no one's going to use.

 -George