RE: [Xen-devel] XEN memory management(NUMA or otherwise) TODOs

> Subject: [Xen-devel] XEN memory management(NUMA or otherwise) TODOs
>
> Any ideas anyone ?

There are a few things that spring to mind:

 * incremental page migration. If the affinity mask associated with domain
changes, it might be nice to incrementally migrate pages as appropriate for the
new mask (i.e. striped across the nodes included in the affinity set).

 * we definitely need to review the striping policy in light of the performance
gains to be had using 2MB pages with HAP -- we may already be doing the right
thing, but I'm not sure.

 * option to expose real NUMA information into the guest, hence allocate
contiguous memory chunks from the nodes in the affinity set, and then expose
this information to guests. Individual VCPUs should be given affinity sets
confining them to individual nodes.

Best,
Ian