Re: [Xen-devel] resume of HVM guest without PV drivers

Meanwhile I thought of a (theoretical) way, but to my surprise it wouldn't
work: The guest vCPU-s could check their registered runstate areas' state
field, which should be stale (i.e. not RUNSTATE_running), but the surprise
(to me) was that this gets updated only on context switch in, not on
switch out (which means that at present that field also cannot be used to
determine whether a remote vCPU is currently running - another thing
that I intended to exploit [accepting that the state maybe stale by the
time it gets evaluated/used]).

Fixing this is obviously trivial (under the premise that you'd take such a
patch), but expected functionality then of course will depend upon this
patch being present in hypervisors derived from older code bases.

Jan

>>> Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 07.08.09 11:01 >>>
No. Perhaps something could be added if it's useful.

 -- Keir