Re: [Xen-devel] Re: 2.6.28.7 domU: 32-bit emulation seems to be broken

On Monday 10 August 2009 13:21:21 Milan Holzäpfel wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 09:52:59 -0700
>
> Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Sven Köhler wrote:
> > >
> > > The program just works:
> > >
> > > # strace ./a.out
> > > [...]
> >
> > OK, that confirms that its sysret32 that's failing.  vdso32=0 on the
> > kernel command line should be the workaround until we've got a proper
> > fix.
>
> Hi,
>
> I still notice this problem with vanilla 2.6.30.4 domU under Xen 3.3.2
> (32 bit binaries on a 64 bit domU kernel segfault, AMD CPU).  vdso32=0
> still helps.
>
> Any news?

What does Linux use w/o vdso32=0 on your box ? Does it use sysenter, syscall
or int 0x80 ?

Do you boot the DomU directly or does this happen after migration from
an Intel box ?

Christoph

--
---to satisfy European Law for business letters:
Advanced Micro Devices GmbH