RE: [Xen-devel] Xen help

Hi Derek --

I think perhaps the problem is that your goal (at least
as I interpret it) is not possible.  The Xen hypervisor
doesn't have any way of writing to a file.  And as
far as I know, there is no way to make a hypercall from
"user space", only from the kernel of a paravirtualized
OS.  It *is* possible for an xm command executed as root
to provoke (via ioctl??) a hypercall from dom0 OS kernel
to pass a buffer, for Xen to fill in information to that
buffer, and for an OS kernel to put that buffer someplace
that could be read by a user process.  But that doesn't
sound like it would meet your goal.

If this is close enough, a key file is

tools/python/xen/lowlevel/xc/xc.c

and a recent patch that plumbs an xm command from
the linux command line through to xc.c is at

http://xenbits.xensource.com/staging/xen-unstable.hg?rev/03063e309356

I'm afraid I can't help much with all the python code
though.  I've mostly mimicked code written by others
and debugged it until it worked.

Hope that points you in the right direction!