Re: [Xen-devel] HVM and WIndows NT

i made test with qemu-0.10.6 and winnt crash as with xen 3.3 or upper.

I made test with qemu-0.9.1 and it works well.

So it's regression bug in qemu.

My question is :
how can i use ioemu-qemu-xen based on 0.9.1 with xen-3.4.0 ?

Alexandre CABROL PERALES a écrit :
> I made the test.
>
> same issue:
> stdvga=1
> videocard is not properly identified.
>
> stdvga=0
> empty greenscreen(windows nt background) crash
>
> run qemu /path/to/my/winnt/disk
> it works well...
>
> another idea?
>
> Stefano Stabellini a écrit :
>> On Mon, 10 Aug 2009, Alexandre CABROL PERALES wrote:
>>>
>>> There is regression bug in QEMU on Cirrus Driver (-vga)
>>> See mail attached from qemu mailing list.
>>>
>>> I need CPUI configuration feature which is available only in xen 3.3 and
>>> upper
>>>
>>> but in need precedent version of ioemu-qemu-xen.
>>>
>>> Can i build xen 3.3 with ioemu-qemu-xen of 3.2
>>>
>>> To run Windows NT properly.
>> I have an idea: make sure your build environment is clean (execute make
>> distclean), then try:
>
>> export CONFIG_QEMU=ioemu
>
>> now build xen 3.3 again and do another test.

>> .

.

- --
Alexandre CABROL PERALES
- --
Ingenieur Securite des Systemes d'Information
Mob. :    06.98.82.03.06
Mail :    alexandre.cabrol@xxxxxxxx
Key fingerprint = 1E6B B8DF 5001 A6A8 E057  9D31 7B3B EAB1 4AE4 8953
- --
ARTAL Technologies

Rue Pierre-Gilles de Gennes
Ens."La Rue", Bat. 9, BP 38138