[Xen-devel] Re: [pv_ops domU] 2.6.30.5 - unable to handle kernel paging request / refresh_cpu_vm_stats / vmstat_update

On 08/18/09 07:16, Christopher S. Aker wrote:
> Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
>> Does this happen every time, sometimes or just once?
>
> Completely reproducible, however I was wrong about the Xen version -
> it is 3.2.1-rc5.  FWIW, I'm unable to reproduce this on a dev box
> running 3.4.1.

That's curious.  Keir, do you know of any bugs which could cause domU
misbehaviour like this?

> I haven't tried any other Xen versions (we have many running).
>
>> Is it new with 2.6.30.5?
>
> Yes.  The last pv_ops kernel we ran was 2.6.29.

Have you tried any other distros?  I'll try to repro with a current Xen
and my Fedora system.

It would be helpful if you could try 2.6.30/.[1-4] as well to see if the
problem arises.  I'm trying a bisection myself, but it sounds like I
shouldn't be able to repo it.