Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Balloons, crash-dumps, populate-on-demand, and shared zero pages

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Paul Durrant<paul.durrant@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If the balloon driver deflated too far, that would be a bug in the balloon
> driver, and if Windows doesn't scrub the memory when it's freed we could do
> that ourselves so at least PoD would kill the guest at the right juncture.

But is it easier to scrub memory manually before freeing, or just make
a hypercall telling Xen to put zeroed pages there?

I think Steven's right... we may be introducing subtle latent bugs;
overall it doesn't sound like the benefit is worth the extra
complexity.

Steven, if we can make the PV drivers do something sensible wrt failed
writes during a crash, that might be the best solution.

 -George