[Xen-devel] Bridged Networking in Dom 0 and Virtual NIC in Windows XP Home 32-bit HVM Guest

Hi,

My Intel DQ45CB motherboard BIOS has VT-d enabled. I am using Xen 3.4.1 and Jeremy Fitzhardinge's paravirt ops dom 0 kernels 2.6.30-rc3 and 2.6.31-rc6.

When Xen boots up, it says that I/O virtualisation is enabled (VT-d working).

I have Windows XP Home 32-bit installed as a HVM guest. I am not trying direct access to physical NIC yet.

I am still using virtual NIC in Win XP Home.

When I configured IP address in Win XP HVM guest, I can ping the IP in Dom 0. In Dom 0, I can also ping the IP of my Win XP domU.

However, other network devices/computers in the same LAN cannot see the IP of Win XP domU. Only Dom 0 can see. Similary, Win XP dom U can only talk to Dom 0 and cannot talk to other computers in the network.

Why is this so?

--
Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) Dip(Mechatronics Engineering)
BEng(Hons)(Mechanical Engineering)