From: Gianluca Guida [mailto:gianluca.guida@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 9:25 PM
To: Yu, Ke; Tian, Kevin; Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: About CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR_XEN

Hi,

While configuring dom0 kernels I've found certaing things in the
handling of CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR_XEN which are confusing to me.

- In case CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR is set as a module (which was the
  default in my system) the compilation will break, because
  CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR_XEN will not be set.

- CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR_XEN is only set when CPU_FREQ=y, but these
  functions are used (in their empty versions) even when
  CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR=y and CPU_FREQ=n. Is this the intended use?

Thanks,
Gianluca