RE: [Xen-devel] Failure to setup Xen 3.4.1 Dom0 on top of Ubuntu 9.10 Server HVM DomU ( 2.6.30.2 xenified kernel)

> > Directive "root=UUID=...." switched off via editing /etc/default/grub
> and
> > update-grub
> > run.
> > Seems to be Grub2's  multiboot implementation issue.
> >  Grub2 breaks backward compatibility in meantime per my opinion.
> > Please, advise if i am wrong about that.
>
> Well, it might be a bug in Xen's interpretation of the multiboot spec of
> course. The basic issue is that no Xen developer has tested GRUB2, and no
> GRUB2 developer has tested Xen. :-) No doubt this will get fixed if GRUB2
> gains traction.

The xen client XCI tree uses grub2. I seem to recall there was a bug that
needed fixing in grub2 to make it work reliably, but I thought this was
up-streamed. It's worth looking to see if there are any grub2 related patches
in the XCI tree, though.

Ian