RE: [Xen-devel] xen-unstable pci passthrough

Let's use plain text format in mailing list, it's easy to discuss.

> If I want to use the Version 2 patches, which changeset in xen 3.5-unstable
> do I need to checkout?
The PATCH 1/2 was checked into Xen-unstable as changeset 20144, but the PATCH
2/2 is still not checked into QEMU tree. So if you checkout the changeset of
xen-unstable is larger than 20144, you don't need to apply the PATCH 1/2, but
you still need to apply PATCH 2/2 to QEMU.

> But I understand that current xen-load-vbios-file.patch, xen-vbar-pbar.patch,
> and qemu-change-vbar-pbar.patch are incompatible
> with Version 2 patches and only works with Version 1 >patches.
> So to pass through primary nvidia geforce 8400 gs, I need to wait for updates
> to the above mentioned xen-load-vbios-file.patch,
> xen-vbar-pbar.patch, and qemu-change-vbar-pbar.patch before it can work with
> Version 2 patches?

We are working on IGD passthrough now. We won't update these hacking patches
immediately.  I think it's not hard to rebase them on version 2 patches, you
can do it by yourself if you need it immediately. Actually the 1:1 mapping
patch is too tricky, we don't think it's suitable to be in upstream. The better
way is the gfx vendors to remove this trick (maybe change their drivers) to
make them virtualization friendly.

Regards,
Weidong