[Xen-devel] Re: graphics passthrough with VT-d

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Christian Tramnitz <chris.ace@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 12:25:46 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 03:27:12 -0700

It seems this was unrelated to the gfx_passthrough, I started with "fresh" domU configs and also reinstalled them and now its working WITH gfx_passthrough and USB (the whole controller as pci device) passthrough.

I do have (all as pass-through):
- accelerated video (even survives hardware detection during Win7 installation)
- audio (onboard HDA, using digital output)
- USB (UHCI only, EHCI crashed Windows during HW detection)
running Windows 7 x64 (b7600).

I'll now try to swap the primary and secondary gfx (both ATI) to get some real 3D horse-power.

Best regards,
   Christian

Christian Tramnitz wrote:
Yes without gfx_passthrough it was working (even the same domU with just USB devices passed through). I think it might be related to the modifications to the memory addresses you mentioned in another post.
I'll verify that, recompile and retest.