Re: [Xen-devel] Nvidia, Xen, and Vt-d

Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
So I take it you're using the binary/proprietary Nvidia driver?

It is known to have problems with Xen dom0 kernels.. I'm not sure of the
latest status. I think some people have gotten it to work..

-- Pasi
Yes, I'm trying to get the binary driver working. On another machine, at another location, I've gotten this to work with OpenSUSE but I was running an older kernel, an older version of Xen, and on older hardware. So I know that it's doable under some set of conditions. To me, it appears that the GTX 295 card is the issue as I suspect is a bit of hack to allow it to straddle 2 pci slots, and if I had some other Nvidia cards at hand, I'd try one and see if this is in fact the problem or if it's Nvidia specific.

---Michael J Coss