Re: [Xen-devel] Video Presentation on PCI Express x16 VGA Pass Through to Xen-based Windows XP Home Edition HVM Virtual Machine

USB Device Pass Through Succeeded

How thick I must have been! In my earlier blog posts with VGA passthrough succeeded, I said that I couldn't passthrough any USB device at all.

As a matter of fact, Timothy had corrected my usbdevice directive in the guest config file in an earlier mailing list post but I didn't take a careful look at the usbdevice directive at all. The correct usbdevice directive is:

usbdevice = "host:vendorid:productid"

I had used

usbdevice = [ 'host:vendorid:productid' ]

which is completely erroneous. I need to omit the square brackets for USB device passthrough to work.

I have now successfully passed through the USB optical mouse to the Windows XP Home HVM domU and using on-screen keyboard as a substitute for the physical USB keyboard.

The reason I am doing this is because QEMU with Xen can only allow one USB device to be passed through at any one time.

It was so obvious and I missed the obvious!

Sorry Timothy!

--
Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) Dip(Mechatronics) BEng(Hons)(Mechanical Engineering)
Alma Maters: