Re: [Xen-devel] Error restoring DomU when using GPLPV

On 15/09/2009 22:25, "Keir Fraser" <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> No, it doesn't. I agree that after the first migration tot_pages will have
> increased to 0x83ed. But I do not agree that it will continue to increase by
> three pages on each future migration. Look at it this way -- three GPFNs
> (guest-physical pages) have changed from xenheap pages to domheap pages
> across that first migration. On future migrations they will be migrated just
> like any other ordinary domheap page, since that's what they now are. And
> tot_pages will therefore not change. Right?

Actually of course you do the right thing with the shinfo page, so actually
one page per migration does get switched back to being a Xenheap page (the
shinfo page) and tot_pages actually increases by 3 on the first migration,
then decreases by 1 when shinfo gets remapped by the PV drivers. Then
increases by 1 on every future migration (which is the shinfo Xenheap page
getting changed into a domheap page), and then decreases by 1 when shinfo
gets remapped by the PV drivers.

But even setting things out exactly right as above, the end result is the
same: I *still* cannot explain Annie's result.

 -- Keir