Re: [Xen-devel] issues with running xend init.d script

Michael J Coss writes ("[Xen-devel] issues with running xend init.d script"):
> The first issue was that xend wants to check the Xen is running, and
> does that by checking /proc/xen/capabilities, which requires xenfs to be
> mounted.  It was not in the fstab, and so wasn't mounted.  This should
> probably should be in the install setup somewhere, or maybe the first
> time the xend is run, it checks to see if it's mounted and if it isn't
> tries to mounts it and adds an entry to fstab if successful.

This is now done in xen-unstable's /etc/init.d/xend.  It might be
worth backporting this as evidently people are having trouble with
older trees (I assume you're on 3.4?)

> The second issue was that the script network-bridge didn't handle my
> network interfaces properly.  I tracked down the problem to the fact
> that the script, in the function get_ip_info() uses "ip addr show dev"
> to get the ip address and broadcast address.  Unfortunately on my
> machine, I have ipv6 configured, and so there is a second inet line for
> the link local ipv6 address.  As a temporary hack, I added "scope
> global" to the ip command, and the network is setup albeit without
> ipv6.  This certainly isn't a real fix, but does fix the case where the
> ipv6 is only a local address.

If you'd like to provide a patch for the script, we'd all be grateful
:-).

Ian.