Re: [Xen-devel] Announcing xen/master: pvops git trees rearranged

  • To: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Marc - A. Dahlhaus" <mad@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 21:29:46 +0200
  • Cc: Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 12:30:26 -0700

Marc - A. Dahlhaus schrieb:
Hello Jeremy,

Jeremy Fitzhardinge schrieb:
Well, my current pvops/dom0 tree is finally (reasonably) stable.  There
was a fairly nasty bug which ended up corrupting dom0 memory when doing
IO on behalf of domains, but that is finally fixed.

In honour of this, I've renamed the rebase/* branches to xen/* (moving
the old remaining xen/* branches to xen-old/*); xen/master is now the
preferred branch for fetching current dom0 work.

--8<--
See http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenParavirtOps for general
directions on configuration, compilation and use.

I think it would be a good idea to add some backtrace and debug related options to the CONFIG_ options listed on the wiki page so that one gets all the details needed from the testers when some bug shows up (CCd Pasi). The NETXEN_NIC option looks unrelated to xen...

Somehow my mail gateway got problems with umlauts and rewrote mailadress, so this is another try to CC pasi...

This is definitely a work-in-progress kernel.  I'd appreciate all bug
*and* success reports so I can get some idea of how many people are
using this thing, and how often there are problems.  Patches gratefully
accepted.

Will report something back soon,

Had no luck. It crashed during irq initialization. Somehow the serial logs aren't fully transmitted. All i could catch is attached. Also is attached the .config used to build the dom0 kernel. Will give xen 3.4.1 and unstable another try tomorrow.

Marc