Re: [Xen-devel] rdtscP and xen (and maybe the app-tsc answer I've been looking for)

On 21/09/2009 18:56, "Dan Magenheimer" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> By constant_tsc I mean that CPUID:0x80000007:EDX:8
> is set.

Well, if it is at least true for 99% of systems, then it might be worth
enabling constant_tsc support by default, and detect TSC divergence at
runtime and disbale dynamically. I think that's what Linux does (i.e., it
has a fallback at runtime if its TSC assumptions turn out to be wrong).

 -- Keir