RE: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Correct/fast timestamping in apps under Xen [0 of 4]

> I think you're missing a couple of premises here:
>
>0) It is not possible to update the existing APIs and
> ABIs available to applications to meet the most demanding
> performance requirements.

I think this was covered nicely in the first paragraph
where I said "in a wide range of hardware and software
conditions."

>5) There will be enough important applications (ie, broadly used,
> rather than a few in-house apps) whose developers are willing to
> update them to your new proposed ABI to justify adding and
> maintaining these new ABIs.

I guess you'll have to trust me on that one (sez
Dan at ORACLE.com) ;-)

Jeremy, I've heard that people are tiring of reading all
of our public jousting around this topic (though I've found
it useful in many ways), and I'm trying to make forward
progress here, so I'd prefer to hear from other
reviewers or at least I'd appreciate more constructive
feedback.

Thanks,
Dan