Re: [Xen-devel] dom0 crash with unstable

On 10/06/09 10:23, Bryan D. Payne wrote:
>> Is it ever stable?  What happens if you set dom0_mem to 4G or less?
>>
> It still crashes, even with 2G of dom0 memory.

What console output do you get?

>> Is the console responsive when the kernel hangs?  That is, can you type
>> "Ctrl-A Ctrl-A Ctrl-A" to get Xen, then enter debug keys?  '0' (zero)
>> should dump the context for dom0 and give some clue about where it is dying.
>>
> Yes, this seems to work.  Typing 0 dumped info for each of the cores
> (i.e., 15 vcpu states).  I've attached the output.

Could you map the RIP values to a symbol with gdb?  From a quick look,
it seems that most or all of the cpus are at the same place.  No, vcpu 8
is doing something else at least.

What happens if you boot dom0 with fewer cpus?

Do you have CONFIG_PARAVIRT_SPINLOCKS enabled?