Re: [Xen-devel] default xen "make world" again dependent on non-xenbits repositories and non-http protocol

Dan Magenheimer writes ("[Xen-devel] default xen "make world" again dependent
on non-xenbits repositories and non-http protocol"):
> Argh!  I know there's been a lot of effort over the years
> on driving the Xen build mechanism to work from a single
> server (xenbits).  I notice that (probably for awhile, but
> I just noticed it) a default "make world" on a fresh
> clone again depends on a different server, namely
> git.kernel.org.

As far as I'm concerned we've made a conscious decision to make an
exception for git.kernel.org, which is after all a very high-profile
site that a lot of people depend on which ought not to be down very
often or for very long.

The kernel is big and has complex development processes and running
our own infrastructure for hosting it doesn't seem sensible.

And, of course, building it is optional (although enabled by default).

Ian.