[Xen-devel] xenstore ring overflow when too many watches are fired

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 22:01:25 +1100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 04:01:49 -0700

A bug has been discovered in GPLPV that causes duplicate watches to be
added when Windows resumes from a hibernate. I'm not completely sure at
this point, but it appears that the firing of that many watches causes
dom0 to overwrite data on the ring.

Are there any protections in xenstored (which does the writing I think)
against xenstore ring overflow caused by a large number (>23 I think) of
watches firing in unison? I can't see any...

Obviously I'll fix the GPLPV bug too, but it would be nice to know that
too many watches wouldn't break xenstore.

Thanks

James