Re: [Xen-devel] Re: pygrub and F12 rawhide

On Thu, Oct 08, 2009 at 03:19:02PM +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> >>What is your host?  Does your e2fsprogs support ext4?
> >
> >I'm using libfsimage not e2fsprogs.
>
> Internally, libfsimage will most likely use libext2fs, which Red Hat
> distributions place in e2fsprogs-{devel,libs}.  So, if your host is for

I'm not using that but the native ext2 code in libfsimage. Solaris
doesn't have libext2fs :)

> Instead, if you compiled xen on your own, make sure you have
> e2fsprogs-devel (or equivalent) installed, otherwise libfsimage will use
> its internal ext2 implementation---which definitely does not work with
> ext4, and I don't know about ext3.

The native ext3 works up to and including F11 certainly. The ext3
(specified via kickstart) in F12 doesn't seem to work. I suppose I can
dig through the latest grub sources, ho hum.

I presume that ext4 support is in real grub somewhere then?

regards
john