Re: [Xen-devel] Video Presentation on PCI Express x16 VGA Pass Through to Xen-based Windows XP Home Edition HVM Virtual Machine

On Thu, Oct 08, 2009 at 09:48:20PM +0800, Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) wrote:
> Attached in this email are three JPEG screenshots showing disk I/O benchmark
> results for pvops dom0 kernels 2.6.30-rc3, 2.6.31-rc6, and 2.6.31.1.

Did you change the build-id of Xen between the tests? Meaning did you
check out a newer one between the releases?

What is your underlaying disk for your guest?

Did you flush the cache before you ran the tests?
echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

Are you using stub-domain or normal QEMU?

What is the xm entry for the disk in your .xm.

Are you using GPLV/Novell VMDK/etc accelerated drivers under Windows?

How many iterations of the disk I/O benchmark did you run? As in, are those
screenshots of the first run, or the average over a couple of them.