Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Fire-wire passthrough with Linux pv-ops (2.6.31.1)

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 10:39:21PM +0800, Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) wrote:
> Hi Konrad,
>
> So if I try firewire passthrough in pvops dom0 kernel 2.6.30-rc3 it
> will not work also because the code for firewire controller
> passthrough is non-existent as of now?

Actually I was mistaken. The pci-stub is used by qemu to emulate/pass through.
If you are using an HVM guest (which you are), then QEMU is the one handling
the PCI device. But if you are using a PV guest, you need to have
pciback/pcifront
support - that is what I am porting over right now.

For your issue, I would recompile QEMU with debug enabled in the
hw/pass-through.c
code and see what is happening. Maybe there are some errors in the log that
would
explain why it is not working properly?