Re: [Xen-devel] Adding another GPE section to an HVM, causes the original GPE to stop functioning

On 18/10/2009 14:13, "Tom Rotenberg" <tom.rotenberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Since i have inserted this new GPE block, the outcome is, that my new
> GPE block is responding OK, however, the old GPE block (the regular
> Xen gpe0 block), isn't responding anymore - thus i can't
> hot-plugqhot-unplug PT devices.
>
> I have analyzed the qemu logs a little bit, and it looks like, since
> the addition of the new GPE block, Windows for some reason, only
> enables the new gpe block (gpe1 block), and disables the old gpe block
> (regular Xen gpe0 block).
>
> Can someone please assist me with this issue?

Since you do not set Fadt.gpe1_base, gpe1's events are precisely overlapping
with gpe0's. This is actually a bug, and Windows is interpreting the broken
tables as best it can, by assuming that GPE1 overrides GPE0. Probably you
mean to set Fadt.gpe1_base=(ACPI_GPE0_LEN/2)*8 or something like that.

 -- Keir