Re: [Xen-devel] soft lockups during live migrate..

At 05:21 +0100 on 23 Oct (1256275309), Mukesh Rathor wrote:
> Trying to migrate a 64bit PV guest with 64GB running medium to heavy load
> on xen 3.4.0, it is showing lot of soft lockups. The softlockups are
> causing dom0 reboot by the cluster FS. The hardware has 256GB and 32
> CPUs.
>
> Looking into the hypervisor thru kdb, I see one cpu in sh_resync_all()
> while all other 31 appear spinning on the shadow_lock.

How many vcpus does the guest have?  Scalability issues in the OOS
shadow code are more related to number of VCPUs than amount of RAM.

> I vaguely remember
> seeing some thread on this while ago, but just can't seem to google find
> it now. I'm trying to figure what could be done in the short run.

The solution (for BS2000) was to plumb in a flag that disabled the OOS
code for particular domains.

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Principal Software Engineer, Citrix Systems (R&D) Ltd.