Re: [Xen-devel] Mini-OS as dom0, init_mm questions

2009/10/27 Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Mmm, please try to cast the result of PFN_PHYS into (u_long), as the
> format is %lx, not suitable for uint64_t returned by PFN_PHYS.
>
> Samuel

Hmm... it works. I never paid attention to type casting, because I supposed
it worked fine.

But I have a bigger concern, that strange PF. Anyway, that's what crashes
the kernel.

I do have a "workaround". I can modify the second argument of /*
init_page_allocator() */,
which indicates max_pfn for the allocator. I hardcode max_pfn, and
it's through.
/* periodic_thread */ starts and I get output from serial port.

I am not satisfied with that workaround. Maybe I have to start from /*
start_xen */ so that
I can have an overview of how xen rolls.

Thanks for your advice.

LIU Wei