Re: [Xen-devel] hypervisor memory usage

By default Xen leaves 1/16 of memory free, up to a maximum of 128MB, for
things like allocation of DMA buffers and swiotlb, and other domains,
during/after dom0 boot. So you can see this memory is not actually all used,
but is in Xen free pools, by looking at output of 'xm info' after dom0 has
booted.

If you want dom0 to be given all available memory, add something like
'dom0_mem=64G' to Xen's command line. This overrides the default policy, and
a really large number like 64GB will get clamped down to merely "all memory
available".

 -- Keir