[Xen-users] Query regarding Citrix

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Ahmad Hassan <ahmad.hassan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 15:45:54 +0000
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 08:46:41 -0700

Hi People,

I would be very thankful if anyone can elaborate wether the Citrix uses the Xen Source code as their hypervisor as it is. Or they tune and tweak the xen source according to their needs and use it as a hypervisor.

Secondly, Is it obligatory to install Linux with Xenserver? If we do not install linux with Xenserver host then Can we be able to install Linux guests on VMs created in Xenserver?

Thirdly, Is it possible to customize the linux kernel if we install linux pack for Xenserver host ?

Thanks.

--
Best Regards, Hassan
http://cern.ch/ahmadh/portfolio

Erasmus Student
The University of Reading, UK
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
The University Of Carlos III, Madrid Spain