Re: [Xen-devel] "xm save" fails on kernel.org domU with Xen 3.4.1

On 10/30/09 14:25, Yasir Assam wrote:
> I sent this message to xen-users and it was suggested on that list
> that I send it here (no one was able to help me there).
>
> I've installed Xen 3.4.1 from source. Some of my paravirt domUs use
> the official XenLinux kernel (2.6.18) and some use the mainline
> kernel.org.
>
> When I run "xm save" on the kernel.org guests, the "xm save" command
> hangs where its run in dom0, and on the domU console I get an error:
>
> PM: Device rtc_cmos failed to suspend: error -22
> xen suspend: dpm_suspend_start -22
>
> I'm using kernel version 2.6.31.4 for the domU (I've also tried
> 2.6.31.5), which I've built from source (the XenLinux domUs suspend
> without a problem).
>
> Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Quite possibly a bug.  Though I haven't seen those particular messages
before, they do seem like the kind of messages that would pop up and
spoil your suspend.  Could you post a full kernel log of a suspending
domain?

Have you tried migration?

Thanks,