[Xen-devel] Re: c/s 20384

On 02/11/2009 08:17, "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> - map_vcpu_info() no longer sets evtchn_upcall_mask for a newly mapped
> info struct
> - VCPUOP_initialise no longer fails when a vCPU didn't have a proper info
> struct installed
> - the changes to xen/common/event_channel.c make it so that
> dummy_vcpu_info can be written to, and hence subsequently initialized
> vcpu_info structs would have unpredictable initial state

Thanks, I've applied fixes as c/s 20390. The first issue is a genuine bug.
The second I think is not a critical issue, but since no good comes of
starting a vcpu without its own info structure, we may as well
check-and-fail in this case. The third issue I think does not matter, since
the first two fixes ensure that a vcpu will have a cleanly-initialised info
structure before it ever runs.

 -- Keir