[Xen-devel] How to allocate a page inside the guest OS from Xen

  • To: Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Abhinav Srivastava <abhinavs_iitkgp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 03:13:55 +0530 (IST)
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 13:44:37 -0800

Hi there,

In my project, I have to allocate a memory page inside the guest OS from the
Xen hypervisor. The alloc_domheap_page(d) function allocates a single page from
the dom heap, which looks okey for my purpose. But, I do not know how to add
the allocated page into the guest page table, so that guest can access this
page. I do not want to allocate a Xen page and share it with the guest.

My question is: how do I make my guest OS aware of this page without doing
anything inside the guest OS. Is there any function in Xen that directly adds a
page into the guest OS address space or I have to walk on the guest page tables
and add this page manually.

Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks,
Abhinav

      Keep up with people you care about with Yahoo! India Mail. Learn how.
http://in.overview.mail.yahoo.com/connectmore