Re: [Xen-devel] BSoD with GPLPV + tap:aio

James Harper wrote:

No PnP. I/O was being saturated though - I was performing a restore via
network to the disk on the machine that crashed.

Using phy: or file: I can restore 600GB with no problems at all. With
tap:aio it crashes after a few tens of GB.

Another guess then... tap will probably have more outstanding transactions than back as its datapath is likely to be longer and so is higher latency. Is your frontend overflowing a queue of outstanding SRBs?

  Paul

--
Paul Durrant, Software Engineer

Citrix Systems (R&D) Ltd.