[Xen-devel] VIRQ_CON_RING

Is there any real user for this vIRQ? I'm asking because, while debugging
a problem that required to add some printk()s that could temporarily issue
at a high rate, I ran into the situation that this extra output prevented
guest/dom0 boot from making any progress. As I then realized this was
due to the tasklet_schedule() called from inside the console handling
code, which resulted in subsequent hypercall_preempt_check() to force
exit (after creating a continuation) from the respective hypercall handler
immediately.

While I realize that for compatibility reasons (even in the case of there
not being a current user) it may not be possible to drop this vIRQ
altogether, I wonder whether it would be possible to avoid scheduling
the tasklet when the vIRQ has no handler and/or is already pending.

Jan