Re: [Xen-devel] Binding ISA Irq seems to malfunction in Xen 3.4

  • To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Tom Rotenberg <tom.rotenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 20:19:52 +0200
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:20:35 -0800

Hi Jan/All,

Just tried the following:
i booted dom0, with i8042.nokbd and i8042.no_aux options, which caused
the i8042 driver not to use the ps2 keyboard & mouse.
I saw that these indeed the case, by doing:
#  cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0       CPU1
  3:          2          0  Phys-irq-level
  7:          0          0  Phys-irq-level     parport0
  8:          0          0  Phys-irq-level     rtc0
  9:        293          0  Phys-irq-level     acpi
 17:          2          0  Phys-irq-level     ohci1394
 18:          0          0  Phys-irq-level     sdhci:slot0

and i saw that the i8042 no longer uses the keyboard & mouse interrupts.

However, i still can't bing the ISA interrupt to the VM, using the
'xc_domain_bind_pt_isa_irq()' function.

Any idea on why this is happening? has anyone tested this function on
Xen 3.4 and newer xen versions?
Can this be some kind of a VT-d issue?

Tom