RE: [Xen-devel] Partial succes VGA passthrough Ati Radeon HD4850 on Asus P5Q-EM DO (Q45 chipset)

  • To: Sander Eikelenboom <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Han, Weidong" <weidong.han@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 17:57:22 +0800
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 01:58:23 -0800

Per your qemu log, it is not complete. Io port and io memory are not mapped. So
something broke it.

> The IGD is at this moment the primary (boot) display adapter (and the only
> display adapter present), could this be a problem and should a boot from a
> pci adapter as primary, or is that not required ?

Missed to answer this question. Yes, must use IGD as primary graphics card in
host. It needs extra patch to support secondary graphics assignment.

Regards,
Weidong