Re: [Xen-devel] pvops dom0 compile issues

xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 12/04/2009 11:16:19 AM:

> xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 12/04/2009 09:44:42 AM:

> > definitely
> > >
> > > Besides the 'CONFIG_DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH' I am not seeing any of
the

> > errors
> > > you saw. The compiler I am using is 4.1.2 (SLES10 SP2) and 4.4.
> > > 0(FC11), so nothing
> > > as ancient as 3.4.6.
> > >

> > > Does a vanialla Linux 2.6 link with the .config file? Or does it
fail
> > > at the same spot?
> >
> > I've been compiling 2.6.28 with a similar .config w/out problems. I'll

> go
> > try 2.6.31.4 kernel.org via make oldconfig and see what happens.
> >

> Just got the same errors on v2.6.31.4 with that .config.

I just double checked that v2.6.28 compiles fine.  I had to disable some
mac laptop backlight drivers, but no link error.  So, somewhere between
2.6.28 and 2.6.31.4 we lost the ability to link with gcc 3.4.6?

Suppose I'm gonna have to post this on the kernel-devel list, huh?  Wonder
if they'll all just laugh at me for using such an "ancient" version of
gcc.  ;-)

-Mike