Re: [Xen-devel] xen console on laptop screen

Hi Dan,

Funny, i was trying to get the same working ..doing some grub magic myself.

I now have the following:
- normal console on tty1
- serial console on hvc0

- All log output from hypervisor and kernel on both consoles
- Login on normal tty1 console
- Xen hypervisor console (3x ctrl-a still required) on the serial console

--

Sander

This is the grub magic i use (don't know if it's correct, but it works, so
therefore it must be ;-) )

title           Xen-3.4.2-amd64 / Debian GNU/Linux, kernel
2.6.29.6-amd64-xenified-dom0
root            (hd0,0)
kernel          /xen-3.4.2.gz dom0_mem=768M com1=115200,8n1 console=com1,vga
module          /vmlinuz-2.6.29.6 root=/dev/mapper/serveerstertje-root ro
pci=nomsi console=hvc0 console=tty1 earlyprintk=xen
module          /initrd.img-2.6.29.6

And relevant part inittab:

# /sbin/getty invocations for the runlevels.
#
# The "id" field MUST be the same as the last
# characters of the device (after "tty").
#
# Format:
#
# Note that on most Debian systems tty7 is used by the X Window System,
# so if you want to add more getty's go ahead but skip tty7 if you run X.
#
1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty1
2:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty2
3:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty3
#4:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 vcsa
#5:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty5
#6:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty6

h0:12345:respawn:/sbin/getty -L hvc0 115200 vt100

--
Best regards,
 Sander                            mailto:linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx