Re: [Xen-devel] pv_ops dom0 kernel vga text console line offset problem

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 06:31:35PM +0200, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My newer x86_64 testbox shows a problem with vga text console, basicly
> when drm is initialized (without modesetting, kernel has "nomodeset"
> parameter),
> all the text gets some offset, ie. the text doesn't start from the
> beginning of the line, but from the middle of the screen.
>
> This happens with pv_ops dom0 kernel, using Xen 3.4.x hypervisor. The
> same kernel binary works OK without problems on baremetal (without Xen).
>
> I recorded a video of this behaviour, it's easiest to check it out:
> http://pasik.reaktio.net/xen/pv_ops-dom0-debug/xen_pvops_dom0_vga_console_line_offset_problem-xvid.avi
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Hardware is Supermicro Intel motherboard with ATI ES1000 graphics.

I forgot the dmesg log, here it is:
http://pasik.reaktio.net/xen/pv_ops-dom0-debug/dmesg-pvops-dom0-2.6.31.6-vga-text-console-line-offset-problem.txt

It also shows the USB lock order related call traces, but that's already known
problem, afaik.

-- Pasi