Re: [Xen-devel] HVM support to be removed from Debian Squeeze: call for volunteers

  • From: Thomas Goirand <thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 02:07:16 +0800
  • Cc: Debian Xen Team <pkg-xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:07:44 -0800

Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> Yes, there is.
> As a matter of fact we package qemu-xen in its own rpm on XCP, called
> xen-device-model.
> The qemu-xen XCP tree is available as a patchqueue against CS
> 284d056851f7 of qemu-xen-unstable.hg here:
>
> http://xenbits.xen.org/xapi/qemu-xen-3.4.pq.hg
>
> you might be interested in the spec file: mk/xen-device-model.spec.in.
>
> However I don't suggest using the qemu-xen XCP tree because the last few
> patches in the patchqueue require changes in the toolstack or other
> patches in the xen tree available on XCP but not available on plain
> unpatched systems.

Our target should be Xen 3.4 in Debian, ATM. If you don't suggest to use
the qemu from XCP, which one should I use?

Do you think we should call the Debian package xen-device-model as well
(and not xen-hvm-support as I suggested...)?

Thomas

P.S: Form now on, I'll be writing only to the xen-devel@xxxxxxx list for
this thread, please do the same for future messages.